Research Technician – Microbiology
Siolta Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and talented technical staff scientist to provide support for the company’s therapeutic development program focused on prevention/treatment of airway inflammation through manipulation of the gut microbiome. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members on preclinical studies of a rationally designed microbial therapeutic. The successful candidate will be technically proficient in microbial culture and molecular techniques.
- BS (with 2+ years laboratory experience)/MS in microbiology or related field
- Proficiency in microbial culture techniques, including anaerobic culture
- Experience with standard molecular techniques such as PCR and qPCR
- Experience with mouse models
- Experience with eukaryotic cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, and IHC
- Culture and characterize microorganisms of interest
- Molecular analyses of bacterial strains
- Preclinical animal studies
WHO WE ARE:
Siolta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech located in San Francisco and focused on developing microbial therapeutics to prevent and treat inflammatory disease, starting with asthma. We are developing a strong multi-disciplinary team to support our vision of a future with less chronic disease. Siolta Therapeutics offers competitive salary, equity plans, and full benefit packages that are commensurate with experience.
Please provide a cover letter, CV, and three references to email@example.com or apply online below.