Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Siolta Therapeutics seeks an experienced Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to build an innovative and world-class clinical program using microbiome-based therapeutics and diagnostics. As a strategic partner to the current executive team the CMO will develop, lead and drive clinical development and contribute significantly to the overall R&D strategy of the company’s current and future pipeline. Specifically, the CMO will be responsible for leading all aspects of clinical development including biostatistics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacometrics and clinical operations, in addition to medical affairs and pharmacovigilance/drug safety. Importantly, the CMO is accountable for delivering excellence in all medical aspects of managing Siolta Therapeutics portfolio.
This individual will establish, develop and lead a world-class clinical organization, will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and will actively participate in strategic planning, internal and external partnering and financing discussions, and presentations to the Siolta Therapeutics Board of Directors. Therefore, the CMO fulfills a critical and highly visible role, making substantial contributions to the company beyond clinical and medical insights and guidance.
- Provide medical vision and clinical leadership for the strategy and plan to advance Siolta technology and its current and future product.
- Provide leadership and clinical perspective to the research, development and comprehensive regulatory strategies. Manage the overall clinical development for lead programs including early development, clinical proof of concept, pivotal studies and regulatory submissions.
- Attract and retain a world class clinical development, medical affairs and pharmacovigilance/drug safety team.
- Provide day-to-day practical and overarching strategic guidance for clinical programs, ensuring that the design, implementation and conduct of the firm’s clinical studies provide clear data and information that allows for decision making and advancement of our developmental efforts.
- Represent Siolta effectively at the highest level at regulatory agencies.
- Maintain understanding of competitors and clinical development in relevant therapeutic areas by attending key scientific meetings and tracking literature as appropriate.
- Represent and manage the company’s clinical programs to diverse audiences including: regulatory agencies, shareholders, corporate partners, Board of Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Build and foster relationships with the international scientific and medical communities, including the development of Clinical Advisory Committees and other forms of strategic consultation with opinion leaders and clinical investigators to strategize drug development paths that seek to deliver timely regulatory approvals.
- Represent Siolta both internally and externally with the scientific and business communities including via scientific publications, conference presentations, industry and investor interactions.
- Help identify clinical trial sites; working closely with, and supporting, clinical operations in site relationship activities as required; contributing to study data review.
- Actively assist in seeking product and/or technology alliances with appropriate pharmaceutical company partners to enhance/expedite the development of the firm’s assets.
- Help to establish and maintain collaborations with partners in academia, government and industry and with patient advocacy groups and patients as appropriate to accelerate approval of Therapeutics.
- Successfully interacts with pediatric patients and their parents, advocacy groups and investors.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
The successful candidate must have extensive senior-level experience in clinical development. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of all the requirements and processes needed to take a potential drug through clinical development, registration and commercialization from a medical and clinical perspective.
Key requirements include:
- An MD or MD/PhD with strong leadership skills and proven biopharmaceutical industry experience in leading clinical development of early as well as mid-late stage therapeutic programs. A record of accomplishment including developing, planning, and designing clinical studies leading to the successful registration of therapeutics.
- Recognized clinical R&D leader with a personal track record of innovation and a broad network of relationships in both academia and industry.
- Credibility within the international medical and scientific community. Strong personal and professional relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Proven track record of exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with ability to relate to both internal and external stakeholders and develop strong positive relationship with senior management and Board of Directors.
- Experience presenting to a wide variety of internal and external audiences at different scientific or clinical depths and an effective communicator.
- Preferred experience in pediatric drug development, allergy and asthma, chronic diseases. and biologics.
Who we are:
Siolta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech located in San Francisco focused on developing microbial therapeutics to treat or prevent inflammatory disease. We are developing a strong multi-disciplinary team of scientists to support our vision of rationally designed microbial therapeutic development.
Siolta Therapeutics offers competitive salary, equity plans, and full benefit packages that are commensurate with experience.
Please provide a cover letter, CV, and three references to email@example.com